Accelium’s Problem Solving Project introduces students to ‘The Detective Method’, an analytical and systematic problem-solving approach that uses critical questions to disassemble complicated problems into smaller, more accessible material.
The project introduces 4 different problem solving tools which stem from this method. Each tool is discussed from a number of perspectives, strengthening students’ understanding of the project’s main topic.
This multi-perspective approach enables students to resolve social conflicts, work out complex maths problems, manage their own lives with less adult intervention, becoming more confident and independent.
Problem Solving Program (Y1-Y3)
- A 16-weeks learning process
- Benefits for Y1-Y3 students
- Programs combine direct instructions using the Accelium Learning Map with independent personal exercises on the Accelium System
- Content is connected to the OECD recommendations
- Using the Accelium app, the learning process can continue seamlessly after school
- Ongoing professional guidance and teacher support throughout the project
- Game-based assessment provides focus and evaluates learning outcomes